I can honestly say that I had never made a bath bomb before now. However, I found a silicon pumpkin mould lurking at the back of the cupboard and decided today was the day. Recently I’ve been trying to strip back to the more natural way of living. First, we went vegan and now I’m making my own homemade beauty treatments! Who would have thought it?
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 10 drops of tangerine essential oil
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- Silicone pumpkin mounds
- Mix all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir thoroughly
- Then add the food colouring and rub through the mixture. (The colour will be more vibrant when you add in the oil.) You may want to wear gloves during this part to avoid turning your hands a lovely oompah loompah orange
- Melt the oil in a small pan and slowly add it to your dry bowl
- Gently stir through to combine but be careful as the oil will still be hot
- Add your essential oil in and begin to mould the mixture together. It should resemble wet sand
- When it’s completely blended and it begins to bind then add it into your moulds and pack it in tight
- Leave to dry overnight and then turn out your pumpkin pals ready for use.
Help us out!
If you have any questions or comments, leave them down below, or shoot us an e-mail! And, as always, if you’re thinking about buying some of the items mentioned in our blog, use our Amazon links throughout this article or down below; it helps us create content that you like to read or that helps you out, and it costs you nothing — win/win! We appreciate the support.