Dark Choccy Apples
So it's that time of year when Halloween and bonfire night fills the shops with crazy sugar-filled treats. Candied 'this' and popping 'that' and an innocent trip to the shops turns into you being 'mean mummy' and saying no to that bright pink apple covered with goodness only knows for the third and final time!...and breathe. So, this year I took matters into my own hands and on stepping across the supermarket threshold I uttered the words "Who want to make some chocolate apples when we get home?" To deafening sounds of "ME!!" I smugly set about asking the kids to pick their favourite apples, dark chocolate and sprinkles and avoided the "I wants" of previous years.
- 6 apples
- 300g dark chocolate
- Wooden lollipop sticks
- Choice of sprinkles, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, biscuit crumbs or edible glitter.
- Melt the chocolate in a Bain Marie
- Push a lolly stick into the hole where the apple stalk comes out
- Line a tray with baking paper ready to put your apples on
- Dip and spoon chocolate over your apples
- Sprinkle on your chosen toppings
- Pop onto the paper and leave to set.