The best vegan Sandwich in the whole wide world, so there!
I am so excited to tell you about this sandwich. It has transformed my vegan life and is simply my most favourite sandwich in the whole world. I have always been a fan of mayonnaise filling sandwiches, especially on crunchy toasted wholemeal bread. (Salivating now!) I used to love tuna mayo, egg mayo, chicken mayo, I think you get the gist. However, truly and honestly, no sandwich I have ever tasted (pre-vegan or otherwise) is this delicious.
Now, having this sandwich on toasty bread is my preference but this filling would also work so well as a regular sandwich, wrap or even just as a salad in its own right. It really does take all my strength to not eat the whole bowl before the bread has finished toasting!
I’ve kept this as a very relaxed recipe without specific quantiles of each ingredient as I think a sandwich is such a personal thing. I love loads of red onion in mine but Paul only likes a little. Fin can’t get enough gherkins in his sandwich and Pops wants barely any. So here are the basic ingredients and method but feel free to chop and change the amounts of each according to your personal taste.
So, without further ado, I give you the best Vegan sandwich in the whole wide world.
- Red onion
- Mustard (I use English)
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Iceberg lettuce
- Wholemeal or brown seeded bread
- Gently pulse your chickpeas, red onion and celery in a food processor until it is in small pieces. (You can also mash the chickpeas and chop up the onion and celery by hand if you don’t have a food processor.)
- Stir some mayo into your chickpea mix and season to taste.
- Wash, dry and slice your lettuce finely.
- Toast your bread and butter if you like.
- Build your sandwich with a layer of the chickpea mix, a thin spread of mustard and top with your lettuce, sprouts and gherkin slices.
Help us out!
If you have any questions or comments, leave them down below, or shoot us an e-mail! And, as always, if you’re thinking about buying some of the items mentioned in our blog, use our Amazon links throughout this article or down below; it helps us create content that you like to read or that helps you out, and it costs you nothing — win/win! We appreciate the support.