I’m so excited to share this idea with you. It is one of our kids favourite unschool maths games and it is quite frankly so simple to set up.
All you will need is:
- 2 dice
- Lego cubes
- Pen and paper
How to set it up:
- Draw 3 rectangles on a sheet of paper in three different colours. (Corresponding to the dice and bricks.)
- Decide if you are practising addition or subtraction and pop in the relevant maths equation symbols to guide your children to the right answers.
- That’s it! Now all they have to do is roll the dice to start the game.
- Simply add up the two totals (Or subtract) and get building.
What will they learn from this game?
- Number bonds
- Simple addition and subtraction
- Number recognition
- 3 dimensional shapes
- Tens and units
- Fine motor skills
- Problem solving
We hope you guys have fun with this one. It is a great game to pack in a bag for travel as it takes up so little room. Maths on the go? Now that can’t be bad.
As with all of the crafts and games we share with you, we ask you to make sure that they are age appropriate for your little ones. Never leave them alone with items they can choke on or use sharp or unsafe objects during play. Stay safe little Journey Jellies.