Since turning vegan we have been ploughing our way through litres of almond and coconut milk and while they are tasty and fairly affordable I don’t like always having added calcium in our food. I prefer to find it naturally in our greens and beans and so decided to do a little research on making our own.
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 or 3 pitted Medjool dates (it depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- Soak the almonds overnight in a bowl of cold water, then rinse them off in the morning
- Chuck everything in the blender and blend! Love this recipe
- Place you nut bag over a jug/bowl and pour the contents of the blender into your bag
- Squeeze all of the liquid from the bag and voila! Super delicious almond milk and a bag of pulp for the freezer to add to biscuits and cakes at a later date.
The milk will last for about a week in the fridge.